The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Main Talk Forum > A DVD on Dime
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
madscan
Dust Radio

A DVD on Dime

I wanted to say to all Chris friends that I just uploaded a DVD from a concert from 1992.
I uploaded it on DimeADozen. Here is the link :
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-...s.php?id=312407

And here is what i wrote to explain this upload :
Chris Whitley on German TV - Ohne Filter Extra - 1992 (incomplete)
Recorded in Baden-Baden, March 1992

The first 15 minutes or so are missing. Total time here 45 minutes.

PAL DVD (4:3)

This is a recording I made in march 1992, on German TV. The show is Ohne Filter Extra.
I was living near the german border at that time (in Alsace), and I often watched that show as we hadnít good rock shows on french TV. I took a look at it that night but missed the beginning. But I was immediately amazed by that band and decided to record it. I fell in total admiration for Chris Whitleyís work since then and am still sorry he left us so early.
I never saw that video anywhere although Iím searching the complete show. By the way I donít find any Chris DVD of any kind. If someone has some informations or copies, Iím interested.
The tape was not of best quality but the show contains some really nice songs and versions.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2010 03:54 PM
madscan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for madscan Click here to Send madscan a Private Message Visit madscan's homepage! Find more posts by madscan Add madscan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockitgurl
Living With The Law

Thank you very much for posting and sharing.

Old Post 07-21-2010 05:06 AM
rockitgurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockitgurl Click here to Send rockitgurl a Private Message Find more posts by rockitgurl Add rockitgurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oBEATz
Living With The Law

Hi!

I recorded that show way back, too. And guess what - missed the first minutes...

I got my copy somewhere on a video tape buried in my cellar. So this DVD is a great update for me. I don't even own a video recorder anymore!

Thanks!
Ope

Old Post 07-22-2010 03:10 PM
oBEATz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oBEATz Click here to Send oBEATz a Private Message Visit oBEATz's homepage! Find more posts by oBEATz Add oBEATz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
madscan
Dust Radio

Thanks for the comment

Luckily mine still works and I just discovered "easy from VHS to DVD" so I'll try to recover old tapes. This was the one that I started with because it's my favoriteÖ

quote:
Originally posted by oBEATz
Hi!

I recorded that show way back, too. And guess what - missed the first minutes...

I got my copy somewhere on a video tape buried in my cellar. So this DVD is a great update for me. I don't even own a video recorder anymore!

Thanks!
Ope

Old Post 07-22-2010 03:40 PM
madscan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for madscan Click here to Send madscan a Private Message Visit madscan's homepage! Find more posts by madscan Add madscan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote