The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Main Talk Forum > Colvin covers "Wild Country"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cdub
Long Way Around

Colvin covers "Wild Country"

Just received a mail from Shawn Colvin's web site regarding her forthcoming album. Thought you might like to know that it includes the following information...

FOR OUR UK AND EUROPEAN FANS:

* The single of Fill Me Up is being released in stores and on ITunes on Sept. 11th. The B-side features a non-album track, an acoustic cover of Chris Whitley's "Wild Country."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-05-2006 07:50 PM
cdub is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cdub Click here to Send cdub a Private Message Find more posts by cdub Add cdub to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

I won it at ebay and am looking forward to receiving it soon.
I've heard her singing "Wild Country" in her live recordings got via bit-torrent
and it was very good and impressive, besides the sound quality.
Expecting very much to hear more complete version !

Last edited by Hiroshi on 09-07-2006 at 07:30 AM

Old Post 09-07-2006 07:27 AM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Wild Country by Shawn Colvin

Now I got it.
Here's the link of preview mp3.
http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/rus...try.mp3&.src=bc
Click the icon under "Wild Country.mp3" file name.

Last edited by Hiroshi on 09-19-2006 at 01:05 PM

Old Post 09-19-2006 01:02 PM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eskimo
Long Way Around

Thanks for that. I have been curious about what that would sound like - I think it sounds like a Whitley song done by Shawn Colvin. Real Good. She has been a fan of Chris' for years based on interviews I've read.

Now it's time for Bruce to cover one of his songs and MOJO magazine to write a big 10 page article chronicling his life.

Old Post 09-20-2006 08:46 PM
eskimo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eskimo Find more posts by eskimo Add eskimo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jipes
Living With The Law

Thanks Hiroshi, it's very different from Chris version but it's great she has a wonderful voice and I can hear her feelings passing through the words of the song it's really nice !

I must say I didn't know this artist before but that makes me more curious of her music

Jipes

Old Post 09-21-2006 08:49 PM
jipes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jipes Click here to Send jipes a Private Message Visit jipes's homepage! Find more posts by jipes Add jipes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
r_d
Living With The Law

I'm typically not a fan of CW covers (with the exception of Sean Pinchin and a certain brilliant Osaka resident) but this strikes me as a very beautiful rendition of the last tune I heard Chris perform live.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSNx0Kt2Q0Q

Last edited by r_d on 02-05-2013 at 02:46 AM

Old Post 02-05-2013 02:42 AM
r_d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r_d Click here to Send r_d a Private Message Find more posts by r_d Add r_d to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
little brother
Living With The Law

No doubt about it though Sean Pinchin can really kill some Chris Whitley. I've watched all his CW songs many time. Hiroshi makes some serious waves with his renditions also.

I appreciate any and every Chris Whitley cover. I especially like Ollabelle's version of Dirt Floor. I had to learn their version to do it myself.

Thanks a bunch Dust brethren and sisters. Keep that spirit alive!

Old Post 04-18-2013 12:55 AM
little brother is offline Click Here to See the Profile for little brother Click here to Send little brother a Private Message Find more posts by little brother Add little brother to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote