The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Chris Whitley Tunings > Online Tuners
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cort
Living With The Law

Online Tuners

I just got a banjo and was looking for a way to tune it online when I found several online tuners. The internet can be so cool sometimes.

Along the way I found a guitar tuning page that allows the user to tune for any chromatic tuning they like. This is great for players like me that never wanted to fork out the big green for a chromatic tuner. It also allows me to get to all of the crazy tunings for Chris' songs in a few moments rather than 20 minutes each. So now I only have to worry about the crazy chords and fingerings and picking etc.

So now back to the banjo, and I look up Still Point, Ball Peen Hammer, Das Model and find of course that they are not in standard banjo tunings - well, I guess if Chris had made it easy, he would not have been Chris.

Anyway here is one site to check http://www.get-tuned.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2008 11:12 PM
Cort is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cort Click here to Send Cort a Private Message Find more posts by Cort Add Cort to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawkmoon
Living With The Law

I'll definitely use this. Thanks.

Old Post 02-26-2008 10:24 PM
Hawkmoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawkmoon Click here to Send Hawkmoon a Private Message Find more posts by Hawkmoon Add Hawkmoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LFOTremolo
Long Way Around

Cool site--great idea.

Old Post 02-28-2008 11:03 AM
LFOTremolo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LFOTremolo Click here to Send LFOTremolo a Private Message Find more posts by LFOTremolo Add LFOTremolo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote