The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Chris Whitley Tunings > HVH, WEED tuning Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jay
Living With The Law

There used to be a bunch on chriswhitley.net but they're not up anymore...Don't know what's up...but I have a tab for Dirt Floor, it's not difficult, if you want it shoot me an e-mail...I think Hiroshi has a bunch of tabs, he sent me one for the instrumental version of Can't Get Off...Dead on. Anyway, my address is Kingfi1822@gmail.com.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2005 08:49 PM
jay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay Click here to Send jay a Private Message Find more posts by jay Add jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
el_cochran
Living With The Law

Wink

I dunno jay.. I see you're in Ohio, you guys let me down this year in the election.....

Old Post 04-28-2005 09:55 PM
el_cochran is offline Click Here to See the Profile for el_cochran Click here to Send el_cochran a Private Message Find more posts by el_cochran Add el_cochran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay
Living With The Law

Tell me about it. The only good thing to come out of Ohio in recent years is The Black Keys. I love that band. Politics, bleck. Makes me want to chuck my nuggets.

Old Post 04-29-2005 01:31 AM
jay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay Click here to Send jay a Private Message Find more posts by jay Add jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ATC

Tabs

Nat
Go to AZChords.com and look under C for Chris Whitley.
I think there are 8-10 tabs there.

Ken

Old Post 04-29-2005 04:22 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat
Dust Radio

cheers ken

Old Post 05-02-2005 03:32 PM
Nat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Click here to Send Nat a Private Message Find more posts by Nat Add Nat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SeanBiggerstaff
Living With The Law

Hey Style-o,
I can't find your post about the tribute CD but I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

Old Post 11-18-2005 04:05 PM
SeanBiggerstaff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SeanBiggerstaff Click here to Send SeanBiggerstaff a Private Message Visit SeanBiggerstaff's homepage! Find more posts by SeanBiggerstaff Add SeanBiggerstaff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat
Dust Radio

Vertical desert

Just a note as i didn't see a tuning for vertical desert - and im not sure if anyone is really interested! Off one of the later live recordings i figured it out to be just standard tuning (eadgbe - however after listening to the rocket house acoustic version may be tuned down a couple of steps)

The chords are just Dsus4add9 to C and then to E back to the start - its pretty easy once you hear the sound of the chords

-theres also an f to e section when he sings the vertcal desert part

cheers

Old Post 01-18-2006 04:02 AM
Nat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Click here to Send Nat a Private Message Find more posts by Nat Add Nat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cochise
Living With The Law

vertical desert

visit hiroshi's other thread (try these out). there are some ideas about vertical desert. please add to them, correct them, whatever. i'm still stumped on the one chord.thanks

Old Post 01-18-2006 07:59 AM
cochise is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cochise Click here to Send cochise a Private Message Find more posts by cochise Add cochise to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat
Dust Radio

Sorry cochise -

Didnt actually look at that thread - feel like a bit of an idiot now! i was just so excited when i figured it out!

I have played around with alot of the tunings provided by you guys (thanks) and have - at my best attempts - got tabs for most of chris' back catalogue.

just out of curiosity - which stuff do you guys enjoy playing the most. i find that whenever i play anything off hotel vast horizon to myself, it can sometimes make my eyes water!!

his later stuff has so much feeling - i love this music

thanks again cochise

Old Post 01-20-2006 02:57 AM
jipes
Living With The Law

Re: Her Furious Angel demo

quote:
Originally posted by Hiroshi
I tried to make a demo of Her Furious Angel song so that you may see my guess (as the previous post) is not too bad.
HerFuriousAngel.mp3 file (less than 3MB) is stored in the "shared" folder at :
http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/rustradio1999

I playd it with a 1992 National Resolectric, using a Fishman saddle PU only and plugged directly into PC.
Sorry for not very clear sound because played quietly in midnight with no picks.

Welcome your comments.

Hiroshi

PS
The tuning itself is very beautiful and I added a little extra intro with open strings + harmonics.

Just discover your post while looking for tunings and I must say that your démo is sounding really nice there's a beautiful feeling in the way you do it Great interpretation and many thanks for all the tuning infos it's very precious

Jipes

Old Post 11-11-2006 05:44 PM
jipes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jipes Click here to Send jipes a Private Message Visit jipes's homepage! Find more posts by jipes Add jipes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pluto
Dust Radio

Thanks for your work, Hiroshi... Wow. Looks like Chris really changed some of his tunings for some songs by the time he recorded Weed.

Old Post 04-18-2008 05:29 AM
pluto is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pluto Click here to Send pluto a Private Message Visit pluto's homepage! Find more posts by pluto Add pluto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

2 songs in the same tuning

Andre
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MND0iin_EPU

Horizon
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqljymp3dho

Old Post 10-16-2011 01:14 AM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jipes
Living With The Law

Great Hiroshi thanks a lot I love Hotel Vast Horizon. The Resoelectric has a great acoustic sound

Old Post 10-16-2011 10:09 AM
jipes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jipes Click here to Send jipes a Private Message Visit jipes's homepage! Find more posts by jipes Add jipes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Smile

Thanks for viewing my video.
Yeah, the Resolectric is not too loud and just good for those midnight sessions

Old Post 10-16-2011 10:32 AM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jipes
Living With The Law

I'm gonna tune my guitar and try Hotel Vast Horizon I love that song. I'll try to pick up the chords from your video

Old Post 10-16-2011 11:19 AM