The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Main Talk Forum > Dust Radio - A Film about Chris Whitley
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jimmypearl
Rust never sleeps...

beautiful.......

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-09-2010 04:02 PM
jimmypearl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmypearl Click here to Send jimmypearl a Private Message Visit jimmypearl's homepage! Find more posts by jimmypearl Add jimmypearl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Nelson
Living With The Law

I haven't been able to see the trailer but I would really like to see this.

Old Post 02-09-2010 07:24 PM
Bill Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Nelson Click here to Send Bill Nelson a Private Message Find more posts by Bill Nelson Add Bill Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merivelle
Good Red Road

I just got around to watching the trailer and wow, what can I say. I came away feeling very sad and truly hope that Chris found some peace in his final days. (Of course, this was a 2 min. trailer and who knows what the entire film will show us). Does anyone know the time during which this footage was filmed? I am sure I read it somewhere. Was it 2004 or early 2005?

Old Post 02-10-2010 02:30 AM
Merivelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Merivelle Click here to Send Merivelle a Private Message Find more posts by Merivelle Add Merivelle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merivelle
Good Red Road

OK, answered my own question. The official web page says it was filmed in 2005.

Old Post 02-10-2010 05:38 PM
Merivelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Merivelle Click here to Send Merivelle a Private Message Find more posts by Merivelle Add Merivelle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Nelson
Living With The Law

I just saw what I think is the trailer from a youtube link. As much as I want to see this film I'm not sure I'll be able to take it. While watching even this little segment I became overwhelmed with sadness. I pretty much lost it and the mourning began all over again.

Old Post 02-15-2010 01:03 PM
Bill Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Nelson Click here to Send Bill Nelson a Private Message Find more posts by Bill Nelson Add Bill Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spacepants
Dust Radio

the trailer is unsettling, as i'm sure the film will be. but in the end, it's jarring in the best possible way. with every release, every performance, and every meeting chris ripped wide open in me things that i thought i had successfully buried, built impenetrable walls around, or otherwise made unreachable. i find it completely appropriate that a film about chris seems to be constructed in such a way that it will affect me as it's subject did. i'll take the grit over the gloss any day.

Old Post 03-21-2010 02:19 AM
spacepants is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spacepants Click here to Send spacepants a Private Message Find more posts by spacepants Add spacepants to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Dust Radio

Be a backer !

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t-chris-whitley

Old Post 02-06-2012 01:34 AM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jipes
Living With The Law

Re: Dust Radio

quote:
Originally posted by Hiroshi
Be a backer !

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t-chris-whitley

I already did join on Friday 50$

Old Post 02-06-2012 09:57 AM
jipes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jipes Click here to Send jipes a Private Message Visit jipes's homepage! Find more posts by jipes Add jipes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Thumbs up

"Like"

Old Post 02-06-2012 12:09 PM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
62drumr
Long Way Around

I just backed the project. Wasn't aware it stalled. I thought it was in post production ages ago? If the goal isn't met they should follow through in some capacity right??

Old Post 02-08-2012 01:13 AM
62drumr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 62drumr Click here to Send 62drumr a Private Message Find more posts by 62drumr Add 62drumr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Hi Bob! It's great!
Yes, once we heard it was at "post production" stage...
Anyway you can see some more info and words from the filmmaker via facebook.

Old Post 02-08-2012 01:46 AM
rockitgurl
Living With The Law

I'm a backer too!
I think the collaboration can only help to make the film better.
Sure hope we all get to see it soon.

Old Post 02-10-2012 11:35 PM
rockitgurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockitgurl Click here to Send rockitgurl a Private Message Find more posts by rockitgurl Add rockitgurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heather
Living With The Law

Yes... have been following on facebook,and helped the cause.I read tonight they have reached their goal ! How great is it that this is going forward. So many people love his music and knew him at different points in his life. I'm very happy to hear this.

Old Post 02-25-2012 02:00 AM
Heather is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heather Click here to Send Heather a Private Message Find more posts by Heather Add Heather to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote