The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Promote Art Here! > The Musical Box
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
little brother
Living With The Law

"Rael" was so punk rock. I hear u Phaidros on Gabriel being one of the first "punks". Also back in the Genesis Trespass days Gabriel was the first to truly bring theatrics to the rock-n-roll stage. And for bands that wear masks on stage....Gabriel was doing it back in the late 60s. He pioneered sooo much and so many dont even have a clue he was the original singer in Genesis. Anyways...he got his respect finally by the mid-80s with his amazing videos and "in your eyes" and his duet with youssou d'dour. in that regard u cant say Peter Gabriel is underrated, although his tenure with genesis is often overlooked.

So what do u think of his newest release "Scratch my back"? although i cant say i love it, his approach to an album like that is just amazing: all covers, no rock instruments....only his voice and orchestra and piano. i cant wait to hear "and i'll scratch yours"

So it's hard to believe that there are only 2 Genesis fans on the Chris Whitley message board. anyone else out there into prog rock at its finest????

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2010 08:58 PM
little brother is offline Click Here to See the Profile for little brother Click here to Send little brother a Private Message Find more posts by little brother Add little brother to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Hi !
I'm not a big GENESIS fan... owns "3-side live" only, but I LOVE Peter Gabriel's "III (Melt)" and "IV (Security)".
"Plays Live"... oh "Secret World Live (DVD)" is another favorite.
I like Phil Collins' "Face Value", and some solo albums by GENESIS related musicians like Mike Rutherford, Daryl Stuermer...
I used to listen to "Dreamin" by Kate Bush around that time... Don't you think it's a great "Progressive Rock" album ?
Anyway awesome sound !

I also like King Crimson, Eddie Jobson (UK), Lonely Bears (Terry Bozzio), JAPAN (Mick Karn), Manu Katche, Tony Levin,
Shankar (Violin - a member in Secret World Live band), etc. etc.
Do you know Andy Rinehart ? He's G R E A T !
http://www.andyrinehart.com/

I might find some music from ECM label are kinda progressive rock, I don't think of proper names now, though.

Hiroshi

Old Post 08-20-2010 02:23 PM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phaidros
Living With The Law

FROM WIKIPEDIA

After a Tour Break in 2010, The Musical Box will very likely return in later 2011 with a "Doubleshowtour" consisting of "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" and a new Show of songs of the Gabriel Era, which were never performed "live" by Genesis. This is the opportunity and the challenge for The Musical Box to create a Genesis Show with Lights, Visuals, Stage Sets etc.

Old Post 10-25-2010 07:54 PM
Phaidros is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phaidros Click here to Send Phaidros a Private Message Find more posts by Phaidros Add Phaidros to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phaidros
Living With The Law

The Lamb

It is out:

In Winter 2011/2012 The Musical Box will perform The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Tour.

Dates will follow.

Take your Chance Little bro

Ph

Old Post 12-15-2010 09:15 PM
Phaidros is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phaidros Click here to Send Phaidros a Private Message Find more posts by Phaidros Add Phaidros to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phaidros
Living With The Law

These are the first dates
25.01.2012 Zürich - Kongresshaus
Schweiz
26.01.2012 Rom - TBC Italien
27.01.2012 Padova - TBC Italien
28.01.2012 Mailand - TBC Italien
01.02.2012 Frankfurt - Jahrhunderthalle Deutschland
02.02.2012 Essen - Grugahalle Deutschland
03.02.2012 TBC Deutschland
04.02.2012 Hamburg - CCH Saal 2 Deutschland
06.02.2012 Stockholm - Circus Schweden
08.02.2012 Oslo - Folketeateret Norwegen
10.02.2012 Brüssel - Cirque Royal Belgien
11.02.2012 Stuttgart - Liederhalle Deutschland

Before that they will tour in North america

Old Post 02-27-2011 01:42 PM
Phaidros
Living With The Law

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZT0EHKjCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRx...esh+div-1r-2-HM

PH

Old Post 03-05-2011 08:52 PM
Phaidros
Living With The Law

Brand new update
http://www.themusicalbox.net/

Old Post 05-08-2011 08:02 PM
Phaidros
Living With The Law

TMB in Portugal

Well,

a great surprise at last weekend in Portugal:

Look and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZTwoqQ9WJk

PH

Old Post 03-14-2012 08:30 PM
little brother
Living With The Law

Dennis Gagne is the man!

I saw them tour Selling England by the Pound 15 years ago. great show. dennis has gabriel down to a tee.

Old Post 03-15-2012 03:10 PM
little brother is offline Click Here to See the Profile for little brother Click here to Send little brother a Private Message Find more posts by little brother Add little brother to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote