The Dust ForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearchHome  
The Dust Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 The Dust Forums > Gear Talk > Trivia, found via eBay ...True ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hiroshi
Living With The Law

Trivia, found via eBay ...True ?

CHRIS WHITLEY

National Steel Guitar promotional Pin - PROTOTYPE

Was to be used to promote Chris's 1991 debut album LIVING WITH THE LAW. Glen Yank, New York City artist, sculptor and jeweler, was commissioned to design and manufacture a limited jewelry-quality piece to be used in launching Chris's first album. It was decided that the per piece cost was too expensive; these promotional pins never went into production. There were only a few dozen of these pins made.

This pin was cast and hand-finished in his Lower East Side studio. Each one is unique; they are not machine-made. This is one of the prototypes from the batch that Glen submitted to Sony for approval.

Hiroshi has attached this image:

Last edited by Hiroshi on 12-15-2007 at 12:53 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2007 12:50 AM
Hiroshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiroshi Click here to Send Hiroshi a Private Message Visit Hiroshi's homepage! Find more posts by Hiroshi Add Hiroshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suzetoo
Dust Radio

i can't speak to whether the story's true, but i can tell you that there are indeed some pins floating around out there, because i have one! ;-)
trying to attach a photo...

suzetoo has attached this image:

Old Post 12-17-2007 02:09 PM
suzetoo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suzetoo Click here to Send suzetoo a Private Message Find more posts by suzetoo Add suzetoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heather
Living With The Law

I'm a Jewelry Designer and these are cool.I think I will have to find one for my own collection !
Best,
Heather

Old Post 12-18-2007 02:13 AM
Heather is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heather Click here to Send Heather a Private Message Find more posts by Heather Add Heather to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote